NYC DOB 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold
16 Hours, $350
The 16-Hour Suspended Scaffold Safety Training User Course teaches workers how to safely perform duties on suspended scaffolds. The Suspended Scaffold Class is designed for entry-level workers who have never worked on suspended scaffolds before. This course could also benefit managers, supervisors, and licensed safety managers and coordinators.
During the suspended scaffold user class students will be introduced to OSHA and DOB policies, procedures, and suspended scaffold standards with a detailed overview on prevention and recognition of hazardous conditions. Students will learn how to visually inspect suspended scaffold equipment, suspended scaffold components, and methods of assembling/disassembling them. This course also includes a hands-on component where they will participate in presenting, building, and using various scaffolding and rigging applications.
Subjects covered include:
- Identify types and major components of scaffold systems.
- Understand common causes and prevention of scaffold accidents.
- Describe applicable OSHA 1926 Regulations and NYC Department of Buildings codes.
- Understand General principles of fall protection including minimizing falls, guarding against falling objects, and fall clearance.
- Apply proper PPE and Fall arrest system practices.
- Apply proper scaffold user-safe work practices.
- Understand Hoist, platform, and rigging equipment practices.
- Understand maximum intended loads and capacities-reducing factors.
- Understand basic rope, fall, knot, and hitch configurations and connections.
- Apply proper suspended scaffold inspections.
- 100% Attendance of the Online Class is Mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course.
- Completion of the Evaluation Form at the end of the course
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)