16-Hour Limited Gas Work Qualification
16 Hours, $350
This course is required for all workers who will be working on gas piping for a licensed plumber. Workers must be able to demonstrate competence with gas work by completing this training. After completing this course, the student must submit a certificate verifying the training to the New York City (NYC) Department of Buildings (DOB) licensing division.
Subjects covered include:
- Introduction to gas piping and testing.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Gas leak detection.
- Emergency response and procedures.
- NYC Building Code, Fuel Gas Code, Mechanical Code, and Fire Code overview.
- Utility processes and procedures.
- Safe use of tools.
- Gas works safety and hazards.
- 100% Attendance of the Online Class is Mandatory
- Achieve a minimum of 70% in the written assessment at the end of the course.
- Completion of the Evaluation Form at the end of the course
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by course instructor)